The last version of this website was a mix of static HTML and Apache server-side includes. It was basic and it got the job done. It was also getting a little creaky.

I didn't have time for a major redesign, so I spruced up the site with Twitter Bootstrap for the layout and styling.

To make deployment a little easier, I swiched from pure HTML to a Perl-based engine called Dapper. I've made some patches to it so it does things the way I like, but it was a solid base to work from.

Dapper is a static templating engine, so there are no dynamic page dependencies (such as mod_perl or PHP). This should make the site reasonably fast, easy to cache or archive, and free from server-side scripting attacks.